Friday, May 18, 2012

IT'S MY FIRST BLOG!!!

Welcome to my very first blog with Sunglass Shenanigans!!!  As an Etsy shoppe owner of my custom embellished, one-of-a-kind sunglasses, it occurred to me that I might like to share my shoppe and story with you!

I've always enjoyed having a wide variety of sunglasses that ranged from conservatively simple to wildly over-the-top and yes...I wore every one of them.  It was always fun because I would often forget which pair I was wearing until someone would comment on "how interesting" my glasses were.  One day, my grandmother gave me, what ultimately became, my favorite pair of sunglasses.  They were hers from way back when.

They were a pearlescent green cat-style frame with light green pearls across the bridge and miniature seashells and pearls in varying shades of green, across the entire front of the frame.  CRAZY, I KNOW... AND DEFINITELY ONE OF A KIND!!  They were show stoppers and people loved them.  Sadly, I lost them somewhere on my vacation to Lake Tahoe, CA.

A couple years ago, I was looking at my very extensive collection of sunglasses which has been accumulating since the late 70's and realized that I hadn't added anything new in a while.  I was debating on getting rid of several since I was kind of tired of them, when suddenly...MY BRAIN CHILD!!!!  I decided to breathe new life into my whole collection by dressing them up! Since I didn't have any green frames, shells or pearls to mimic my grandmother's pair of cool shades, I created something different but inspired by the same concept using my beige'sh cat style frames below and embellishing them w/quartz stones and Swarovski crystals.  I LOVE THEM!

Inspired by Gramma's green seashell glasses.


Of course, the same people who share my taste for wildly fun sunglasses seemed to love my brand new little collection (which were just for me) and asked if I was selling them.  It didn't take long for me to open a shoppe w/Etsy and begin designing and selling my little line of Sunglass Shenanigans!

Thanks for reading and hanging out w/me on my very first blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment